CUSTOM HANDMADE LOCKET PENDANTS
- library_books Read about locket pendants
- library_books Read how to print and insert a photo
- filter Scroll down to see photo gallery
- shopping_cart Buy locket pendants available in stock
- thumb_up_alt How to care for your locket.
What is a Locket Pendant Necklace?
A locket pendant is a memory pendant on a necklace or a chain, in the shape of a small ornamental case. Usually it contains a picture or a woven lock of hair. It is impossible to state the exact place or date of origin of the locket, and there is very little documented evidence regarding the history of lockets. One of the earliest locket owners in Europe was during the Commonwealth (1649-60) when the royalist lady wore a locket hidden under her clothing of the late Charles I ... Centuries later the vinaigrette locket - better known as the perfume openwork locket - became extremely popular as a point of modesty for genteel women, a small piece of colorful fabric scented with Aromatic Perfume or essential oil could be placed inside.
Sometimes Locket serves as a Symbol of Mourning, sometimes as a Keepsake of Love. It could be compared with the Urn pendant (Cremated Remains pendant) and filled not only with ashes, but also with the soil from that special sacred place you visited (or from your motherland). A Window locket is another type, that has a glass or crystal window on each side or on one side to display the objects held inside.
It is a 'secret keeper' - how ArsAura calls it - and only you decide when, where and to whom reveal it, when you are asked: 'what are you carrying inside?'...
The easiest way to get this locket pendant is to buy it on our online shop with our photo service or make your custom locket shopping_cartBuy locket pendants available now
Custom handmade locket pendants request
Please write to us mentioning all possible details of how would you imagine your Handmade Locket necklace: size (usually from 1.5 cm to 4.5 cm), shape (round, oval, rectangular, custom...), stones, metals, and other design elements (please attach photos or sketches). Remember to add special dates, words or initials hand engraved inside or outside the locket, also you can order adjustment, montage, and installation of your photos inside.Contact us
How to care for your locket
- To close, do not press in the centre of your locket, you will damage it! Only press on the closing edge very gently.
- Never open your locket too far. They are designed to be opened half way. Take extra care when inserting photos.
- Avoid exposure to: perfume, deodorants, hairspray, salt water, chemicals, or abrasive materials.
- Do not swim, bathe or shower with your locket on.
- Read how to clean tarnished silver