CUSTOM HANDMADE LOCKET PENDANTS
- shopping_cart Buy locket pendants available in stock
- library_books Read about locket pendants
- library_books Read how to print and insert a photo
- thumb_up_alt How to care for your locket.
What is a Locket Pendant Necklace?
A locket pendant is a memory pendant on a necklace or a chain, in the shape of a small ornamental case. Usually, it contains a picture or a woven lock of hair.
It is impossible to state the exact place or date of origin of the locket, and there is very little documented evidence regarding the history of lockets. One of the earliest locket owners in Europe was during the Commonwealth (1649) when the royalist lady wore a locket hidden under her clothing. Centuries later the "Vinaigrette" locket (better known as the Perfume openwork locket) becomes extremely popular because with just a little piece of colorful fabric scented with an Aromatic Essential oil placed inside you will be always emitting a fragrance around.
There are a lot of creative ways of using lockets. Sometimes Locket serves as a Symbol of Mourning (Urn pendant or a Cremated Remains pendant filled with ashes) or is placed in the bridal bouquet, a nice idea to include those people who are no longer with us but we still want them to join us on this important day. Sometimes it serves as a Keepsake of Love and could be used not only for keeping a portrait of your beloved but also filled with dry flowers or the soil from that special sacred place you visited or from your motherland. I the past the lovers have exchanged their lockets when they were undertaking a long journey.
A Window locket is another type, that has a glass or crystal window on each side (or on one side) to display nice objects, for example, colorful natural crystals.
It is a "Secret Keeper" - how ArsAura calls it - and only you decide when, where and to whom reveal it when you are asked: 'what are you carrying inside?'...
You may choose a ready-made locket pendant on our online shop or you may ask us to create your own custom-designed locket.
Watch this video on the polishing stage of the "Tree of Life" locket pendant
Custom handmade locket pendants request
Please write to us mentioning all possible details of how would you imagine your Handmade Locket necklace: size (usually from 1.5 cm to 4.5 cm), shape (round, oval, rectangular, custom...), stones, metals, and other design elements (please attach photos or sketches). Remember to add special dates, words, or initials hand engraved inside or outside the locket, also you can order adjustment, montage, and installation of your photos inside. Contact us
How to care for your locket
- To close, do not press in the center of your locket, you will damage it! Only press on the closing edge very gently.
- Never open your locket too far. Some of them are designed to be opened only halfway(90°-100° angle). Take extra care when inserting photos.
- Avoid exposure to perfume, deodorants, hairspray, saltwater, chemicals, or abrasive materials.
- Do not swim, bathe, or shower with your locket on.
- Read how to clean tarnished silver